Thursday, February 15, 2007

Lucy and Money.

Today Lucy was looking at an Early learning centre catalogue, and saw an easel..
She asked if we could go get one, so I said "no, we don't have enough money sweetheart." To which Lucy replied, "I gots money" and ran to get the change she pilfered out of my purse last time I fogot to put it up high....

I told her that the coins weren't enough, and the easel was a lot of money. She asked why we couldn't afford it and I said something along the lines of 'we are poor, we don't have enough.' She then asked why are we poor (omg I hate that 'why' question lol). I said "I stay at home and play with you, instead of working and not spending time with you, and I am at school so we can have money when I finish."

A big conversation followed, including me labling myself a 'uni bum' a name which has stuck haha.


ANYWAY, later mum came around for coffee on her way to a meeting, and Lucy asked her if she had any money for mum "acause he's a poor oonibum."

Gave her a big hug, told her we don't need money, we have love, we are lucky to have that.

Lucy: Me no ucky, me a girl pin-cess!


*goes out to buy lotto ticket so I never have to explain poverty to her again =( *

No comments: