Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Bum-bum-head yourself!

Ugh, some days you just have to countdown the hours until bed time..

Louise said to me the other day that being a single mother meant that my highs are higher and my lows are lower, and I really agree with her. Lucy does something special, or uses her manners appropriately, or grabs the undivided attention of a stranger for being golden, and I can think 'I am her mother, I helped to mould her into who she is." So the accomplishment we have we can take sole credit for.

The lows however are something else...

If Lucy is a monster all day I have noone to lean on for support. If she comes back from her dads saying nothing but 'bum-bum-head' I am the one who has to figure out ways of stopping her. If she blocks the toilet I have to unblock it, and try to make her understand that it is really hard to unblock toilets, especially if you stuff the paper in with the toilet brush. At the end of the day there is noone who comes home I can vent to. Noone to distract her while I go to the toilet by myself. I go to a notice board on a US site for solo mommies, and one woman wrote that it was ten years before she could go to the toilet by herself!!

The low at 5 every morning when Tiger comes in bright and cheerful. I can't roll over and mutter "for god's sake, I'm sure it has to be your turn today."

Or when I am sick and she is the one who looks after me.

Or when she is sick and I have to hold her, clean up and change sheets all simultaneously.


I however am incredibly lucky.


Once a fortnight I have a weekend to myself, where I can shower and pee by myself (not in the shower, no matter what Madonna says - it is gross).


Yes, I will get over it, after every rain there will be a rainbow, I know we are just in a low right now, we will get through it, but I guess that is the point of having an online blog thingy - I can have a bitch and a whinge and make everyone blind from reading my awesomely long bloggy-bitch!!
*goes back to unclogging toilet*
**thanks brain for reminding body to pick up more gloves**

No comments: