Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I wanna be a Toys'R' Us Kid!

Today we went to the worst place on earth for a parent...

Toys "R" Us..

Where kids love the choice, and scream coz they aren't allowed to make that choice, or the parents are too poor for a giant pony, or a remote control dinasaur.

So, when I realised I had to take Lucy there I was filled with trepidation...

Heehee.. I should have known I would be happy, and have a fun day :-)
We walked in, and held hands, she didn't run up and down the aisles, or shout or scream! I said we were going in to buy a present for her best friend Paris, and she asked if she could have a present to. I said "no, not today honey."
Lucy said "okaaaaay" in that thoughtful 'you have just told me something new and interesting' kinda way.

So we walked up and down nearly every aisle, coz we didn't know what to get Paris-pie. Every adult we walked past (still holding hands) looked at us in sheer amazement. 'Why do you get such a well-behaved little girl?' You could see the wheels in their heads turning....

We didn't find anything suitable, so I said that was enough toy shopping for one day.

We came back to the front of the store, and I said to Lucy "You have been a very good girl in here today. Shall we buy a present for you?"
The reply was "Oh! Yes pwease mommy!"

How could I resist that little angel?

Heehee, we went home with toilet training Kelly, who comes with her very own toilet, paper, doll to train, and bottles.

Lucy took toilet training Kelly to the cashier, and handed her over without a hint of a frown. She got Kelly back, and said "Tank you lady."

Meanwhile all the rest of the kids in the store were running amok screaming and shouting and throwing themselves on the floor. The cashier looked around and whispered to Lucy, "you are a Very Good Girl."

Oh yes, I also bought a HUGE climbing frame jungle gym thingy, with a slide, but Lucy doesn't know about that one yet, it is for her birthday party this weekend :-)

Tiger birthday party countdown:

Three More Sleeps!!
(Three for me, I will be busy Saturday night making sushi, sandwiches, savory muffins and cakes, and building a giant jungle gym!!)

No comments: