Sunday, November 19, 2006

Lucy turns "free"

It was Lucy's birthday party today - she is number three!!

She's never had a birthday party before, and I have NEVER had a party to organise before...

In keeping with that I had about 40 people coming...

So last night I cooked friggen HEAPS - muffins (three types hehehe), sushi, quiches, sausage rolls, freddo cupcakes, and made a load of sandwiches...

Cleaned the house, unblocked the toilet (Lucy clogged it with toilet paper because I ignored her all day), did washing etc etc etc etc...................

I was up until one in the morning organising my little 'prove that you can do it all charade.'

Lucy of course wakes at 5 every morning. So we got up, I sang happy birthday, and told her everyone who was coming today. Then, at about 8.30 (the party started at 9.30) the text messages and phone calls started coming in...

We ended up with 9 adults and 5 kids. And a sh** load of food (and therefore money says poor me lol) wasted. But we had a great day, Lucy was happy to see her friends :-) So thanks to you guys who made it I am grateful to you for trying to stuff your faces for me!!

Lucy had LOADS of pressies to, she was a really lucky girl. She had Barbies (yay!) and a huge dolls house my dad made her, and the Incredibles DVD. My Grandma bought her these two boy dolls, who are just Too Gay To Function. Seriously - one has snakeskin trousers, and they have cutting edge hairdos...

I didn't finish building the Jungle Gym, but I came close.

Go Solo Mom!

Now I just have to last until 7 - then it will be Lucy and my bedtime:)

Luc is off in her room playing with her new dolls, and her pretty white dress is now brown and chocolatey and sandy.. I asked if she had a nice day, and she replied "Smy birfday I bigger now."

So three years ago (looking at the clock hehehe) I was in labour, in hospital, excited (she wasn't born until this time tomorrow, three years ago... uh... whatever).

Three years ago I was engaged, had a wedding organised, a family prepared, a mortgage, a couple of dogs, money, stuff!!

What do I have now?

Love, happiness, hope, and my beautiful child, whom I love more than I could have ever imagined.

We have been through a lot in three years, *raises plastic party cup full of cordial* and here is to a life time more - together :-)

No comments: