Thursday, August 31, 2006

Lucy's Top Ten of Everything

#1 Disney (thank goodness or I'd have to watch it by myself!)

#2 Tim, from Hi-5. Although if I am honest, he may just be one of my top ten... He is very yummy.... ahem, back to the list..

#3 Spiderman. Yup, she is a big fan for a little girl. She even has the plate. (I couldn't resist buying it for her - she was cuddling it in the shop)

#4 Charlies Angels. I am very pleased with this, because every now and then I get to watch an adult movie, and I have completely convinced myself that it is good for her to watch Girls Kick Ass. Good for her future belief in herself or something.....

#5 Monk and nino. (Milk and Milo) which she would replace food for if she could get away with it. So she has it instead of food at Nannys house whenever we are there.

#6 Pretending to be animals. She actually does a believable performance of a monkey. Oscar worthy.

#7 Dead things. Yup, I have raised a little redneck. She likes to point out dead animals, and is fascinated with them. The scene in The Lion King where Mufasa dies Lucy always says "aw, Daddy dead now, he no sleeping - he dead." I think her redneck tendencies come from item eight..

#8 Going shooting at the farm. She likes the BANG! She used to ask to go bang bang. And if the guns were out being cleaned, she would ask if she could go out bang bang. She loved looking at the killed animals, she was intrigued. I think because she could have a good look at the animals she could normally only see from a distance. Also when we went shooting, we'd often run over animals like emu or kangaroos (they are vermin, it isn't cruel, I swear!) and Luc would sit in the back hooting with laughter saying "more Emoo, more Emoo!! Pwease!!"

#9 Makeup. She loves it. I hate it (very messy). I love it when Nanny volunteers to play makeup with her. Then SHE can look like a clown extra for Dumbo.

#10 Eating meat. She loves that we eat animals. I have a friend who won't let her little girl know what she is eating, she says everything is 'meat.' Even chicken. So that her girl doesn't "lose that innocence." My redneck child knows that you get milk, cheese, icecream and meat from a cow. And that bacon comes from a pig. After watching Babe this morning I got the idea to have bacon sandwiches for lunch, and Lucy was stroking the bacon saying "aw, nice piggy, yum yum, I eat it all up." Hmmm..... She also clucks when eating nuggets.. But, I figure it will be okay, we didn't make it to the top of the food chain to pussyfoot around and say we don't eat animals.


So there we go, Lucy's Top Ten of Everything. In no particular order.

Although, thinking about it, I could probably cut down to three things: being a redneck, watching movies, and drinking milk.



Anyway, I'm going back to watching Hi-5. They are singing Action Heros, and Tim has a cute move coming up...

No comments: